Help Stop Circus Suffering in the US
Posted: 27 April 2013. Updated: 13 June 2014
ADI has conducted undercover investigations in circuses all over the world and our studies show that life for animals in circuses is one of deprivation and suffering.
With the new US Congress in place, we will be re-introducing The Traveling Exotic Animal Protection Act this year. As a result of our efforts during last Congress, we now have a stronger base from which to exert pressure on the new Congress to act on the suffering of circus animals.
Please help highlight circus suffering when an animal circus comes to town!
** See below for latest circus demonstration dates **
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order our free “Stop Circus Suffering” leaflets and distribute them in your town. Even taking 20 and delivering them through letter boxes or taking them to your local library or vets practice will help.
- Have an information booth in the center of your town. ADI can provide you with materials and loan you (free) a “Stop Circus Suffering” banner for the table.
- Take part in a demo. ADI can help organize this with you. We can put you in touch with other supporters in your area and provide you with all the materials you will need.
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper. Start a public dialogue in your community by writing a letter to your local newspaper editor about animal abuse in US circuses. Contact ADI for materials which you can use to help formulate your letter.
- Get political. Write to your city council, mayor, state and federal legislators and ask them to support a ban on the use of animals in circuses. If you need their contact details, just let us know.
- Go wild! Hold a leafleting session in your city with your friends and family dressed up as animals, with a ringmaster or ringmistress. ADI can contact your local media and help you organize a photo call to raise awareness that the circus is coming and why people should boycott the show.
- Organize a Stop Circus Suffering fundraiser! There are many ways you can help ADI raise money to keep our campaigns running, such as having a bake sale, car wash, yard or garage sale, door-to-door canvassing, setting up an information table for the day in your community with a donation canister, and urging local businesses to donate a portion of their profits for one month to ADI. The possibilities are endless!
- Get in touch
Upcoming DemonstrationsKelly Miller Circus protest at the Haines School Complex in Browns Mills, NJ
125 Trenton Road, Browns Mills, NJ 08015Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 6:00pmLoomis Brothers Circus at Morgan County Fairgrounds in Martinsville, IN
1749 Hospital Drive, Martinsville, IN 46151Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 4:00pmCole Brothers Circus Protest at Overpeck County Park in Ridgefield Park, NJ
199 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, NJSaturday, June 14, 2014 at 12:45pmSaturday, June 14, 2014 at 3:45pmKelly Miller Circus Protest in Washington Township, NJ
Bergen County YJCC, 605 Pascack Rd., Washington Township, NJ 07676Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 11:15amRingling Bros. Circus protest at Selland Arena in Fresno, CA
700 “M” Street, Fresno, CA 93721 Thursday, July 3, 2014Friday, July 4, 2014Saturday, July 5, 2014Sunday, July 6, 2014Kelly Miller Circus protest at Dudley Park in Willowick, Ohio
31615 Willowick Drive., Willowick, Ohio 44095Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 3:45pmTuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:45pm